Friday, December 19, 2008

Flashback: Donyale Luna

I just came across some gorgeous photos of supermodel Donyale Luna. For those of you not familiar with her, she was the first African American model to grace the cover of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar in the 60's.She died in the late 70's from a drug overdose.
I love these pictures because they are black and white, and you can't see Luna's signature blue contact lenses, which give her this scary look IMO. Don't you feel that these pic could be in any 2008 issue of Vogue and still be relevant to current trends? The last pic is of Donyale with the blue contacts, so you'd know what I mean.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just recently found out about this model and I must say she is SCARY!! Every picture I've seen of her is scary and eerie and she just gives me an evil presence when I see her. I can't say I like this model one bit.